Hi there! Today I am super excited to share another cardmaking life hacks video. This time, I’m showing a bunch of ways to use your MISTI better and a few tips to improve your stamping. Since these videos have gotten a great response and I love creating them, I have decided that I will continue to mix them into my channel and blog’s content! 🙂
Here are the hacks:
- EASY UNBREAKABLE MAGNETS: For this, all you need to do is wrap some tape around your magnets. Be sure to leave excess for a handle, so you can easily pick them up. This will keep them from cracking easily and make them easier to move and separate.
- TAPE HANDLE: This hack is great if you have trouble lifting the lid of the MISTI easily while creating. Take some clear masking tape and wrap it around the edge of the lid. Be sure to leave excess tape for the handle and cut the rest off. This makes an easy to use handle and you won’t have any trouble lifting the lid.
- EASY CLEANING: I have been looking for a great way to clean stains off the MISTI easily and this hack works amazing! Grab an alcohol prep pad (for medical uses) and wipe it wherever the ink or stain is. This will remove the stain and you can shine it using the Novus cleaner. ***CORRECTION, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CRACKS/DAMAGE DONE!!! Harsh chemicals, such as alcohol, is actually not recommended unless needed to get harsh inks off at your own risk!
- LAYERED STAMPING TIME SAVER: This hack is great if you want to mass produce a stamp layering project and get it done SUPER FAST! You can line a layer of each image in EVERY corner of your MISTI, this makes it so that you can easily stamp all the layers without having to replace/pull off any stamps. I stamped the images down with a variety of Umbrella Crafts ink pads. You can also add more space and layered images using the MISTI Creative Corners.
- LINING UP STAMPS STRAIGHT: I have struggled with lining up sentiments and have ruined SO MANY cards without this MISTI tip. Both the paper pad and lid have grid lines on/etched into them. This makes it so that you can line up sentiment stamps easily without having to ruin any cards! This hack is a LIFESAVER!!!
- STAMPING PAD: I have been using this hack ever since I got my mini MISTI and have been loving the easy clean aspect of it. All you need to do is take a sheet of the grid paper and laminate it. Then, using a strong adhesive you can add it on the foam insert to create a nice stamping pad.
All of the supplies used in today’s video are linked below. I am affiliated with Ellen Hutson (EH), Simon Says Stamp (SSS), and Scrapbook.com (SB), so I do get a portion of the profit (with no extra cost to you) this is how I am able to run this blog. Affiliate links used when possible. I appreciate your support!